All You Need to Know About Kibbles | Royal Canin Club Malaysia

All You Need to Know About Kibbles

Benefits of dry cat food?  
One of the key benefits of dry cat food is it is easy to store and simple to serve to your cat. It can happily sit in a bowl all day without spoiling. This allows your cat to lightly graze on it regularly, which is ideal for supporting healthy eating habits. When dry food is properly formulated, it also helps improve dental health by using a mild abrasive surface on the kibble to control tartar levels on your cat’s teeth.    

Wet Food? Dry Food or Mixed?  
Wet food helps increase your cat’s water intake, whereas dry food helps maintain your cat’s dental health. The aroma of wet food is more likely to tempt a fussy eater, whereas dry food will maintain its quality in the bowl for the whole day. Because wet and dry cat food provides different benefits, it is worth considering feeding your cat a mixture of both (although not in the same bowl).  

Mixed Feeding respects the natural feeding behaviour of the cat. Cats prefer to eat different small meals throughout the day. Offer them a mix of wet and dry foods throughout the day, in separate bowls, to give your cat variation.    

How long will my pet’s food stay fresh?  
Open dry food should be consumed within four to six weeks. To optimize palatability, choose the appropriate bag size according to the amount your pet should be eating.  
Once opened, wet foods should be covered or placed in a sealed container, refrigerated, and consumed within a timely manner.   
Whether you feed a wet or dry formula, please remember to wash your pet's dishes daily as remaining food particles can attract bacteria and insects.    

Can I freeze my pet’s food?  
It is not recommended to freeze pet food as this draws out the moisture in the kibble and, upon thawing, can cause mold to grow rapidly.    

How should I store my pet food?  
Dry formulas should be stored in the original bag in a cool dry place, making sure the bag is properly sealed between feedings. Our packaging is specifically designed to protect the product before and after opening. Most bags include a re-sealable zipper. If the bag does not have this feature, it is recommended to keep the product in the original bag and store in a dry, airtight plastic or steel container with a lid.    

Place wet formulations in a sealed container in the refrigerator after they are opened. If your pet prefers room temperature food, try heating it to room temperature. If you use a microwave, put the food in a microwave-safe container and check the temperature before feeding – hot spots can occur leaving the edges of the meal cold and the centre extremely hot.

04/10/2021